Saturday, January 2, 2010

The start of a NEW Year....






Well it has been awhile since I posted last...Mables and I have been busy busy busy... Lots of changes and we closed out the year with a bang....



So what is new for 2010, so far is I have rediscovered Old Town Temecula, CA. I had been away for about 5 years. Let me tell you so many exciting things have changed in Old Town that I had to come and immerse myself in this area for awhile...They have a beautiful Theater and the town has kept the old timey feel of the good ole westerns days.. My favorite area of shopping is at The Emporium off of Main St. It is still filled with the most unique specialty boutique shops. Omgosh.....Ladies I have found the cutest store....LIBERTY'S ....She is filled with all the treasures I just Love.....It is like the store was opened and made just for my me....So now that I have spoken these words and let the cat out of the bag....I better hurry and buy up all my treasures from LIBERTY'S before you ladies find out my best kept secret of the most unique place that holds treasures to help aid me in making my home a romantic and enchanted one....



Then there is Rooster Creek..... The place I will finally learn how to embroidery and rug hook...something I have wanted to learn for over 30 years....ok so I was only 9 then... I learned crocheting and sewing instead...Time for something new...oh ...and I am also in the process of learning to knit...Ok ABBY is trying to teach me ....she hasn't given up on me yet...We will see what 2010 brings...So this Rooster Creek has all my supplies and classes and the most friendly people...and to top it off she has my country primitives mixed with all that I Love....Viv's Store makes you feel like you just want to pull up a chair and sit for a LONG while...so cozy and warm....

Check It OUT!!!! It's is my dream come true RICK RACK.....I love IT!!!!

The Vintage Sewing Items.....No girls it's all mine.....OK OK ...I will share...if you saw how much I already have....you would send me to sewing stuff anonymous along with yarn and fabric....OK OK...I am officially a fabric, yarn and rick rack collector....we will leave it at that.....

OK....I will admit I am a THREAD junkie.....I have bags and bags of vintage thread of all sizes and shapes and its in baskets and old sewing machine wood drawers (turned sideways to make shelves).....so in viv's Rooster Creek ...I am in Heaven...Look At this cabinet...




Then in my other favorite store Poppyseeds.....Birds, birds and birdhouses and anything garden to add to my enchanted secret garden...Miss Betty I just love to pieces....she is such a sweet sweet lady....



So you ask why describe all about my favorite places....well I just fell in love again with Old Town and my old and newly aquired list of favorite stores...So this will take me awhile to share this with you all....But this good ole country girl has been missing this life for awhile and it takes you away to a nice simple and peaceful life down here....Relaxing....I think we all need a little of that considering all that is going on these days.....


Gotta Run.....

Look forward to telling you tomorrow how I just was ready to burst at the seams with excitement and kept coming back almost everyday for two weeks ...then two months about twice a week....Are you on the edge of your seat.....HEEHEE

Cricket

No comments:

Post a Comment