Friday, January 29, 2010

I DID It!!!!!! I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Buttons...Ok not my buttons....but I get to LOOK at the pretty buttons..

LOVE IS IN THE AIR!!!!!!!
I am so in LOve with myself and all the ladies at Rooster Creek...
Finally After 30 years of waiting I have begun to learn how to embroider...
Jackie, Ruth and Viv were my teachers....OK OK.... So I need three teachers - they are the best...They make you do it right and that is what I wanted to learn all good habits and with the combination of all three they gave me the best instructions.....




This Is called REDWORK embroidery and I learned the stem and the back stitch. I will not tell you what I had self taught myself the back stitch years ago....yeah not so good....so when I learned the back stitch - the light bulb came on and I thought "hmmm so much easier"
I did my first Aunt Martha's Iron on Transfer...little blurry ( but hey not too bad for the first time) ..Now to admit I have been collecting Aunt Martha Patterns for over 20 years...heehee for that someday ...
See when I was about little I used to
get in my mother's linen cupboard to sneek in her AYDS candy......Ladies do you know what I am talking about... The diet caramels.....Well I thought they were candy and that my mom was holding out on me....so when she was busy...
Little Miss Cricket would climb in the cupboard and dig in...well meanwhile I would get side tracked on these stack of dish towels and doilies that my mom had.... There was a set of flour sack towels that had a plate, fork that had faces and said dishes, glasses etc....It was all embroidery ...So beautiful....I would trace it with my fingers and I later found out my mom made them and I treasured them so....So I wanted to grow up and make a set for my hope chest - just like my mom did for hers....
Well LAdies it is never to late....I just call it my treasure chest for all my tea parties and luncheons I will be having in my cute little cottage...( when I find that Too!!!)
Now I just have been looking for the pattern for ver 20 years and I know I will find it one day....If not I will get so good I can copy off her original towels...OOOO I cant wait to post those pictures when that project is done....I know patience....Just get so excited...
I dreamt all last night about my patterns and all the things I can make - what I can add to my dolls and all my other stuff I make....needless to say I woke up exhausted from all my dreaming ....and every chance I got I worked on Miss Muffet ( tucked in bed curled up and stemstitching away...) For those who know me and all you getting to know me---I am lucky if I get to sleep 4 hours total...I usually sleep two hours at a time...I have a busy mind....LOL
So truly this was great....stitching away...



Now...we did discover that I can be a little bit cluttered and lot of organized and all Rock in Roll...
It makes me think of Marie and Donny Osmond when they sang " I'm a little bit country, I'm a little bit Rock and Roll" Once again it is me --I crack myself up....
We had a converstaion about personalities "type A' and stuff like that....So my comment was " I am a little type A,B and C all combined so I guess you could say I am multiple personalities"...It was a good laugh for as those who know me...they would say that fits...So that is where the cluttered, yet organized and so so ...etc etc etc....
Well I am back to my project and I will keep you posted on the progress...There is a total of six squares and I shall make them into a quilt....Yes I am going to learn the proper way of quilting also....I am so excited...Likea little girl dancing in anew ruffly dress and patent leather shoes with buckles....Love the buckles and the ruffly white socks....Yippee



Yes....Little Miss Muffet is saying...."I am just SOOOO cute"
I now realize I forgot to take a picture of the back to show you just how good The ladies are at teaching me....
The back looks just as good as the front...ok well almost as good...no threads flying all over...so yes, they are the best..
Thank you Again LAdies!!!!!!!!!
Til Then
LOVE Cricket!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment